Thread: Computer Monitor

Image Reposts
    Yes, with details

Default Computer Monitor

Hi All ,

I am in a bit of a dilemma my comp. screen is dying and I am looking to buy another. (MS System)My problem is the more I look the more my head hurts. My budget is about $500. Anyone have any suggestions/experience on which would be good to get

Cheers Glen

Image Reposts
    Yes, with details

Buy the best you can afford Glen, not sure about brands and techs but others will be able to help I'm sure.

Image Reposts
    Yes, with details

Image Reposts
    Yes, with details
    Blog Entries

The Dell Ultrasharp series are excellent monitors. The U2410 (<- that is a bloody good price) is an excellent monitor indeed. 24" IPS display, 1920x1200 (16:10) resolution, wiiiiide gamut (100% sRGB and 96% AdobeRGB I believe).

I however opted for the U2311H (23" IPS, 1920x1080 16:9, 100% sRGB & 82% AdobeRGB) currently on special at $222, they are a steal! They're less expensive than my Samsung 23" (TN) I had before it and my goodness do they make it look bloody terrible! I'm so impressed, I've ordered a second as I prefer a dual monitor setup and 2 U2410 was a wee bit too much!

Make sure you look for an IPS display not the generally cheaper TN monitors which are aimed more at the casual/gamer market. See if you can have a look around and find something that you like the look of then look up some reviews of them.

Image Reposts
    Please ask

Hi Richard

I should have looked at this thread before as it would have saved me time. I did my research and purchased my Dell monitor this morning, but I went the 27 inch monitor rather than 2 smaller. Nice to know my choice has been confirmed