Thread: Help

Image Reposts
    Yes, with details

Default Help

Just been to Sydney last week, saw more birds that I can remember living in Sydney. How do I up- load photos to this site, I hate having to learn new computer stuff, the new website looks good but it is doing my head in!!! can someone help an old computer nerd.... not!! Cheers Jack.
    Jack Shick
    Sea to Summit Expeditions

www.lordhoweislandtours.net

Image Reposts
    Yes, with details
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Shick Lord Howe View Post
    Just been to Sydney last week, saw more birds that I can remember living in Sydney. How do I up- load photos to this site, I hate having to learn new computer stuff, the new website looks good but it is doing my head in!!! can someone help an old computer nerd.... not!! Cheers Jack.
    Hi Jack, I've moved this thread to "Site Matters" as it's not an Australian Bird Image, that part of the forum is strictly for image posts only. It's not too difficult a process to upload an image and is much the same as it was before.

When you create a new thread you're presented with the editor which has a number of buttons on it. To upload an attachment to the forum, click the Attachments button on the editor, it looks like a paperclip.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Attachments Button.jpg 
Views:	36 
Size:	62.9 KB 
ID:	10212

This will open up a new window called the Asset Manager which contains a list of all the image attachments you've uploaded previously (you can reuse these elsewhere if you wish by dragging an image down into the bottom section of the Asset Manager) and also allows you to upload new attachments. In the Asset Manager, click the Add Files button.

Name:	Asset Manager.jpg 
Views:	37 
Size:	118.0 KB 
ID:	10213

After clicking the Add Files button you will be presented with a selection box where you can choose what images you wish to upload. Click the Select Files button.

Name:	Select.jpg 
Size:	99.6 KB 
ID:	10214

A window opens where you can browse to the image you want to upload to the site. Double click on the image you want to attach, it then appears in the asset manager window like the following. Be sure to then click the Upload Files button to actually upload that image to the site.

Name:	Selected Image.jpg 
Views:	36 
Size:	125.1 KB 
ID:	10215

Once uploaded it will appear in the bottom section of the Asset Manager. You can then choose to either just click the Done button which will add your image to the end of your text or if you want to place your image somewhere more specific in your post, use the Insert Inline to place your image exactly where you want in your text.

Name:	Insert.jpg 
Size:	150.5 KB 
ID:	10216

Image Reposts
    Yes, with details

Thanks for that Richard, will give it a go. I'm not good on computers, give me a camera any day!! Jack.
    Jack Shick
    Sea to Summit Expeditions

www.lordhoweislandtours.net