Thread: New site suggestion

Image Reposts
    Yes, with details

Default New site suggestion

Sounds like the new site will have some exciting new additions - a few suggestions that I think would be great if possible - it would be great to be able to search by species and be able to view images ( perhaps thumbnails) of all images of the species posted. Ive always thought the search function on this site and the original was cumbersome and limited.

It would also be great to have a checklist of some sort of all Australian Bird species and we could see which species are yet to be represented on the site - would be a challenge for members to photograph the species required.

Just my two bobs worth.

cheers

David taylor
    Brisbane

Image Reposts
    Yes, with details

Default Re: New site suggestion

Quote Originally Posted by David Taylor

It would also be great to have a checklist of some sort of all Australian Bird species and we could see which species are yet to be represented on the site - would be a challenge for members to photograph the species required.

Just my two bobs worth.

cheers

David taylor
    Brisbane
    I like this idea David, though do we dare tread on the murky subject of the off shore islands like Christmas etc?

Image Reposts
    Yes, with details

Default Re: New site suggestion

The search option can easily bring up all images of a particular species already David.
    Just type in the species name, select the "Aust. Bird Images" forum, make sure you select "first post of topics only" and have all search result come up as "posts" and make sure you select "all available" in the "return first" option. This should bring up all the shots posted of a particular species (unless they were posted in the Weekly Gallery).