Thread: Adobe Bridge

Image Reposts
    Yes, with details

Default Adobe Bridge

Does anyone else have problems with Bridge. When I was on Vista it was unworkable, used to crash Photoshop all the time, so I left it switched off. After I changed over to Windows 7 with 4 GB of RAM and a 64-bit operating system Bridge seemed to work ok, but I seldom used it anyway. Now I use Camera RAW rather than DPP and using Bridge with it would be (at least it was) fine, but only for a short time. Now it has started crashing Photoshop again. Maybe I have the settings wrong, or do I need more RAM?
    Margaret Leggoe
    Never too old to learn.

Image Reposts
    Yes, with details

Default Re: Adobe Bridge

No idea Margaret, someone will know I reckon (Saint Geoff would be a good bet )

Tony Hansford Guest

On an iMac there is a Photoshop setting that needs to be checked for 32 bit / 64 bit mode depending on what OS you are using? I think that's how to word it???
    Not sure about Windows but it might be worth seeing if Photoshop etc is actually set to 64 bit mode on your machine. Maybe ?? I really don't know.

Image Reposts
    Yes, with details

I have heard that this is a very annoying problem with CS4 / CS5 on not only Windows machines but Macs as well.

I've never had this issue but you can try opening Bridge whilst you hold the CNTL key down. Then reset the settings (and purge cache too if you wish).

Saint Geoff.
    Cheers,
    Geoff

reposts welcome

Image Reposts
    Yes, with details

No doubt re-setting the settings may well be connected with the problem. I have done one reset according to one of the videos on Lynda.com, but no improvement. Geoff, what settings do you use?
    Sorry to bother you yet again.
    Margaret.
    Margaret Leggoe
    Never too old to learn.

Image Reposts
    Please ask

I gave up using Bridge, too slow, I use Breezebrowser, the very best image browser for windows, it's fast and excellent for browsing/culling images. You can get a 30 day free trial. I wouldn't use it for raw conversion, it's a bit clunky there, but you can configure it to open your chosen file in ACR. Setting the reviews to high quality really allows an excellent idea of how it will look processed.
    Chris Ross
    Helensburgh NSW
    www.aus-natural.com
    Instagram: @ausnaturalimages

Image Reposts
    Yes, with details

Try resetting the PS preferences file by holding down the CTRL + ALT + SHIFT keys when it launches. See if that works.

Pretty busy ATM too Margaret. I'll get back to you in a few days.
    Btw, I have a Mac, not a windows PC.
    Cheers,
    Geoff

reposts welcome

Image Reposts
    Please ask

I'm a mac man too but i have heaps of issues with bridge "running out of memory" and just quitting. I use Lightroom instead.
    Cheers, Dave

www.davidstowe.com.au WORKSHOPS

Aus Life List IOC= 680 - Lord Howe Woodhen
    "So God created every winged bird according to its kind. And God saw that it was good." Genesis 1:21

Image Reposts
    Yes, with details

Thanks, everyone. I have decided to get by without Bridge too. DPP is not bad for initial culling, and from Windows explorer I can open directly into Camera RAW. Geoff, I have discovered that if I do no colour, hue or vibrance correction in Camera RAW, but do it in Photoshop, then the problem of the colours going crazy when I convert to .jpg is substantially minimised. Don't know why, don't want to know.
    Margaret Leggoe
    Never too old to learn.