Thread: IOTW submissions

Image Reposts
    Yes, with details

Default IOTW submissions

Hi all,

Been thinking about the IOTW process, and it the majority of instances people are voting much earlier than Sunday morning, which makes sense, as I'm sure most of us (except Paul ) aren't up that earlier thinking about voting IOTW!

My thought is that perhaps the submissions for IOTW should end at midnight on the Friday before the vote finishes on the Sunday morning, that way any images posted on the weekend can be considered for the following weeks vote. I hope I explained that correctly. Basically the week to be judged would be Saturday-Friday, with a day (Saturday) to consider and submit votes. People could still continue to vote early if they wish.

The current system could be perceived to disadvantage those posts made on the weekend, particularly as many have already voted before the weekend.

Just thinking out loud.

Image Reposts
    Yes, with details

Default Re: IOTW submissions

Yep, a good idea but I think people are aware of how things work. If they are particularly keen to get themselves an IOTW then they should post at the start of the week. Your proposal would mean that perhaps no one would post images on the Saturday and that would be a shame. The current process is the best way that we have thought of (so far) but we are still thinking about different formats so we'll keep you posted.

Image Reposts
    Yes, with details

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Randall
    Your proposal would mean that perhaps no one would post images on the Saturday and that would be a shame
    No no, you misunderstand. Images submitted on the Saturday would then be eligible for the following weeks IOTW. Basically the week would run Saturday-Friday, as per my first post.

Image Reposts
    Yes, with details

Ahh, OK. Now I get you Might work better, we'll discuss it a bit and perhaps change things for next week Adam. I think the idea of having the winner ineligible for the next weeks voting might be a good idea as well (which has been discussed a bit too) given that there has been a few people who have won consecutive IOTW's.