Thread: Log On

Image Reposts
    Yes, with details

Default Log On

Even though I click " log me on automatically each visit ' , I still have to log on every time. Has any one any ideas on how to fix it please?
    The voices in my head may not be real, but they come up with some great ideas..

Cheers Rev.

Image Reposts
    Please ask

Default Re: Log On

Probably a browser preference setting that clears private data from the cache therefore not saving any log in details as a security measure.
    Cheers, Dave

www.davidstowe.com.au WORKSHOPS - www.flockwildlife.com

Aus Life List IOC= 688 - Carpentarian Grasswren
    "So God created every winged bird according to its kind. And God saw that it was good." Genesis 1:21

Image Reposts
    Yes, with details

I have the same problem Rev - not with other sites but always with this forum - no matter how many times I click the "log me in automatically" I always have to log back in - reckon its a quirk with the site but perhaps Daves right - Ive checked my security settings and i cant see anything - I do have "Block pop up windows" enabled - I wonder if thats why? - but as i say other sites seem OK cheers David Taylor

Image Reposts
    Yes, with details

This happens to me periodically as well, particularly when I'm using IE7 at work (shh! )

Doesn't seem to happen with Firefox. It's an odd thing I haven't been able to figure out what causes it either.

Image Reposts
    Yes, with details

Any of you tech boys got an answer? I never had to log on every time before the up grade.

Cheers Rev.

Image Reposts
    Yes, with details
    Blog Entries

What browser are you using Ray? We might be able to figure out what the issue is if we know specifics.

In the meantime you could try clearing your browser's cache and cookies and logging in again. I'm unable to reproduce the problem, I'm permanently logged in with both IE9 and Firefox with no problem here.

As Dave has said too, check that your browser isn't set to clear history/cookies etc on exit.

Image Reposts
    Yes, with details

Yeah, me too. But more so over the past few days than over the past few months.
    Margaret Leggoe
    Never too old to learn.

Image Reposts
    Yes, with details

we need to know what web browser you're using!
    Firefox Richard.

Cheers Rev.

Image Reposts
    Yes, with details
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ray Walker
    Firefox Richard.
    Alrighty then! First let's check to see Firefox is set to remember cookies and thus your login details. Go to Firefox's options page as seen below.
    [attachment=0:1ogq5qzq]Options.jpg[/attachment:1ogq5qzq]

From the options page, choose the Privacy Tab. To ensure Firefox will remember cookies, make sure that it's set to 'Remember History' as is show in the screenshot below.
    [attachment=2:1ogq5qzq]Firefox Privacy.jpg[/attachment:1ogq5qzq]

Next we'll clean Firefox's cache, cookies, active logins and browsing history, this will ensure there's no longer any reference to the temporary address used when we switched servers. This will also remove any current logins you have on any other websites, so when revisiting those websites you will need to re-enter your login details again.

On the same Privacy Options tab, click the line where it says: "clear your recent history". Now choose all the options as seen below, time range = Everything and all the various sections such as; Cookies, Cache, Active Logins etc should all be ticked, then click the Clear Now button.
    [attachment=1:1ogq5qzq]Clean History 2.jpg[/attachment:1ogq5qzq]

When now visiting your bookmark to Feathers and Photos it should display http://www.feathersandphotos.com.au in the address bar and NOT the temp address starting with http://50.22.98.190. Login with your details as you normally would, choosing the "log me on automatically each visit" option. When you close your web browser and reopen it, then return to the forum you should remain logged in.

Image Reposts
    Yes, with details

Thanks Richard. I actually can follow that, but I will have to speak to my young bloke about finding firefox, as he has set up my computer with a short cut called "Revbrowser ", and I can't find firefox. I will let you know how I go.

Cheers Rev.

Image Reposts
    Yes, with details

I have never experienced this problem with IE8 (or earlier) either at home or at work.
    Cheers,

George

Life List : 481 (Southern Cassowary, Etty Bay, QLD, Oct., 2016)

Image Reposts
    Yes, with details
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ray Walker
    Thanks Richard. I actually can follow that, but I will have to speak to my young bloke about finding firefox, as he has set up my computer with a short cut called "Revbrowser ", and I can't find firefox. I will let you know how I go.
    If you're using Firefox as your web browser then you've found it. You're using Firefox to browse these very web pages!

Quote Originally Posted by GeorgeP
    I have never experienced this problem with IE8 (or earlier) either at home or at work.
    Most people probably wont experience this problem, it's likely caused by continuing to use the temporary URL for the site when we recently changed servers. Or it could simply be a browser setting that's clearing cookies/history on exit.

Image Reposts
    Yes, with details

I don't know what it is, but it is damn annoying. My work is doing something with cookie permission that appears to be causing the issue. I can't replicate it at home.