Thread: Posting Time?

Image Reposts
    No, don't edit

Default Posting Time?

This question may have been asked before and we've missed it. We posted the allowable two images
    in the Australian Bird Images Forum on Friday 22nd April. We are early risers & posted an image on
    Saturday 23rd April at 7.30am. The time indicator next to our newly posted image showed that it had been
    posted on Friday 22nd April. This gave the appearance that we had done three posts on the one day.
    This has occurred several times before. This isn't a complaint, just a friendly question.
    Basically we are enquiring about the time setting on the Forum?
    Regards Keith & Judy

.Our land abounds in Nature's gifts. Of beauty rich and rare.

Image Reposts
    Yes, with details

Default Re: Posting Time?

I've noticed the time things as well, but it only happens when I'm logged out.
    In the top right corner, just below your "logout [username]" option (and bottom right corner), it will say "All times are ..."

When I am logged in, it says "All times are UTC + 10hours". This setting shows the correct post time beside each post.
    When I am logged out, it says "All times are UTC". This setting is ten hours behind our current (this is all Eastern Australian times btw) time.

So looking at your shots for the last couple of days; when I am logged in, you've posted 2 today, 2 yesterday; when I am logged out, you've posted 1 today, 3 yesterday.

So long story short, this only effects me (hence I'd assume you?) when logged out, and I wouldn't worry about it

Ashwin
    Familiarity breeds contempt; don't neglect the common birds
    --\\
    ---\\_(j*)>.........Aus Life List: 534 (Northern Royal Albatross - 6/9/14)
    ----\___)................NSW List: 428 (Northern Royal Albatross - 6/9/14)
    ------\ \..............o..2014 List: 348 (Southern Giant Petrel - 6/9/14)