Thread: PM or Browser issue?

Image Reposts
    Yes, with details

Default PM or Browser issue?

G'day,

Whenever I type a PM or Thread that's a bit longwinded making the writing go down below the bottom of the box, instead of the box scrolling down and letting me see what it is that I am typing, it stays at the top, whilst the cursor is below the bottom of the box making it hard to see just what it is that I am typing.
    I'm not sure if it's a browser issue or if other people are using it. I'm using Windows IE8 at the moment. (I might try switching to Firefox but it just doesn't look the same as it does on my work Mac).

Does anyone else experience this or have any suggestions on how to correct it?

Default Re: PM or Browser issue?

I have had weird things happen in my blog when i write in a textbox a lot of stuff..
    in IE8.. but not firefox. it could well be IE8..

give firefox a go. its good to have both..
    surfcams dont work on firefox for me so i use IE8.. doh!

Image Reposts
    Yes, with details

I finally found the answer to this issue. The problem is with IE8. I'm not sure how whether it's just IE8 or a combination of IE8 and Vista.
    IE8 has a Compatibility View mode which when turnd on sorted out the issue.

Image Reposts
    Please ask

Cross-browser compatibility is a really difficult thing these days with all the choices available to web surfers.

Good to know you sorted it out though mate.

Image Reposts
    Yes, with details

Quote Originally Posted by Craig Miller
    Cross-browser compatibility is a really difficult thing these days with all the choices available to web surfers.

Good to know you sorted it out though mate.
    It wasn't only this site that I was having issues with, but a few other display issues as well at other sites.
    Microsoft's Internet Explorer Help option was actually very helpful this time in suppling the resolution.

From the Help file in IE8
    Websites that were designed for earlier versions of Internet Explorer might not display correctly in the current version. However, you can often improve how a website will look in Internet Explorer by using a new feature called Compatibility View.

When you turn on Compatibility View, the webpage you're viewingóas well as any other webpages within the website's domainówill be displayed as if you were using an earlier version of Internet Explorer.

To turn on Internet Explorer Compatibility View
    Click to open Internet Explorer.

Click the Tools button, and then click Compatibility View.

If Internet Explorer recognizes a webpage that is not compatible, you will see the Compatibility View button on the Address bar. To turn Compatibility View on or off, click the Compatibility View button .

From now on, whenever you visit this website, it will be displayed in Compatibility View. However, if the website receives updates to display correctly in the current version of Internet Explorer, Compatibility View will automatically turn off.

Image Reposts
    Please ask

Every time I open up the browser while on 3G (or i assume Edge; I haven't had to try, thankfully), i get an error that says "Access to this URL has been blocked". This happens on the default browser as well as Dolphin, but NOT Opera. Any ideas as to what's causing this? Anyone else having this issue?

Image Reposts
    Yes, with details

It's IE8. I have the same issues at work on IE8.
    Adam Blyth Photography on Facebook
    Now on flickr
    Canon 1D X | Canon EOS 7D II | EF 16-35mm f2.8L II USM | EF 300mm f2.8L IS USM | EF 500mm f4L II IS USM | EF Extender 1.4x III | EF Extender 2x III | 600EX II-RT | Gitzo 3532LS | M-3.6 Mongoose Gimbal

Image Reposts
    Yes, with details

Yeah, I have the same issues as well using IE8 on my vista computer at home. Annoys me to no end, but cannot use Firefox as it is not compatible with my university website which I use to access a lot of course material
    Aust. Life List (IOC) - 315 (Rufous Owl- 11/09/2014)
    Dale Mengel Photography - a work in progress!
    Follow me on Facebook
    Check out my Birding Blog

Image Reposts
    Yes, with details
    Blog Entries

Yes, Internet Explorer 8 has issues with the vBulletin forum software. You could try Internet Explorer 9 which seems to at least solve some of the issues experienced with IE8.

Have you tried using compatibility mode in IE8 at all?