Thread: Insufficient battery message.

Image Reposts
    Yes, with details

Default Insufficient battery message.

I'm just wondering (as I'm a little worried at the moment) if canon cameras give you a message when the battery needs charging. I have a memory of it giving me a message before if I've turned the camera on and there isn't enough battery to do anything, something pops up on the screen to tell you. But today, I turned my camera on and I didn't get anything.

Needless to say, the first thing I've done is thrown the battery into the charger. I haven't got a spare, so I'll have to wait until it's done. But I don't know why else it wouldn't turn on. I haven't done anything unusual to it, I haven't dropped it or anything. If not, I guess I'll have to see if I can get it repaired under warranty. So if there is actually a problem with the camera, do I take it back to JB-HIFI where I bought it and I assume have them send it off (I purchased some warranty off them) or I guess I could send it to canon myself? Not 100% on how that works.

But I guess I'll just be praying that it's just the battery being silly. Though I don't remember it being low. Fingers crossed.
    Reposts welcome =)

Blog- Close Encounters of the Bird Kind. Updated 28/05/2014 "Courting Cuckoos"

Image Reposts
    Yes, with details

Default Re: Insufficient battery message.

Nevermind, no stress. Just the battery. Something weird obviously happened with it but it seems to be working fine now.
    Reposts welcome =)

Image Reposts
    Yes, with details

There will be "no life" if the battery is completely flat, I had the same thing a while ago with my Nikon, it was dead, I changed batteries, nothing changed, I was really worried (both batteries were completely flat, it worked on the 3rd one......)
    Aus list 632 (Powerful Owl, Callala Bay, NSW, 01-05-2014, finally thanks Matt!)
    Year list 159 (Powerful Owl, Callala Bay, NSW, 01-05-2014)

Image Reposts
    Yes, with details

I guess because I've never had it actually be dead dead before. And I hadn't noticed that the battery was low before hand. Such a relief though :P
    Reposts welcome =)

Image Reposts
    Yes, with details

Yeah, I'd say the battery was dead as a doornail. Good to see things are now working. At least you had the battery in the camera. I went out birding once and left the battery home in the charger - wondered why my camera was a bit lighter and why it wouldnt switch on. Well, I was born a blonde so I guess there is an excuse (even though the blonde hair turned brown by the time I was 5
    Aust. Life List (IOC) - 315 (Rufous Owl- 11/09/2014)
    Dale Mengel Photography - a work in progress!
    Follow me on Facebook
    Check out my Birding Blog