Thread: TAPATALK - Feathers and Photos on-the-go!!!

Image Reposts
    Yes, with details
    Blog Entries

Default TAPATALK - Feathers and Photos on-the-go!!!

One feature we're pleased to have just implemented to the forum, is support for the forum app, Tapatalk.

So now when you're out 'n' about using a mobile device (iPhone, iPod Touch, iPad, Android, Windows Phone 7, webOS, BlackBerry, Nokia) you can experience a much more user-friendly, mobile-optimised experience of our forum!

For more information on purchasing Tapatalk for your mobile device (it's under a fiver!) go to Tapatalk. To find us, start the application and either search for Feathers and Photos or browse to Aquarium & Animals > Bird > Feathers and Photos.

Quote Originally Posted by Tapatalk
    Tapatalk is a forum app on the iPhone, Android, webOS, Windows Phone 7, BlackBerry and Nokia. Tapatalk Forum App provides super fast on-the-go forum access to majority of the discussion forums that has activated the Tapatalk plugin.

Showing New and Unread Threads with Avatar and Number of replies:

Images in a thread are converted to thumbnails and allow full-screen viewing

Ability to see Who's Online and what they are doing:

Ability to search by topics and posts:

Ability to upload images directly from Android and iPhone!:

Check out http://www.tapatalk.com for more information!

Image Reposts
    Yes, with details

Default Re: TAPATALK - Feathers and Photos on-the-go!!!

A big hoorah for implementing that for all our members Richard It might make me upgrade phones from my stupid old Samsung el cheapo mobile

Image Reposts
    Yes, with details

Wow, great news, and good work to all involved in this development. :thumbs up:

I can't take advantage of this now, but hopefully in the near future :roll:

Ashwin
    Familiarity breeds contempt; don't neglect the common birds
    --\\
    ---\\_(j*)>.........Aus Life List: 534 (Northern Royal Albatross - 6/9/14)
    ----\___)................NSW List: 428 (Northern Royal Albatross - 6/9/14)
    ------\ \..............o..2014 List: 348 (Southern Giant Petrel - 6/9/14)

Image Reposts
    Yes, with details

The reply and everything should work fine (testing it now) can't test the map attachment, due to limitations to my iPhone

Just testing with a pic taken with my phone on the twitchathon, it doesn't upload it to the server, rather uploads it to it's own one and img links it to the post....

Edit: So far the only faults I've found is that you have to log back in each time you exit the app (and there's no way to save a password or anything), if you go into 'Favorites' or subscribed topics, there's no way to back-track out, you have to exit the app and find the forum again, and that if you zoom into a picture, you have to zoom all the way back out to exit the picture... But other then that it's great!!! And none of them are your fault!
    Worldwide: ~900 Australia: 396 Birds on my block*: 113
    Latest: South Island Pied Oystercatcher *Including sites within 2min walk from my house
    Geopolitics, Cartography & Biodiversity - Latest post: Let's hear it for the Jangmadangs!

Image Reposts
    Yes, with details
    Blog Entries

That's correct Nathan, uploading an image to the forum from your phone will result in the image being stored on the Tapatalk servers and then linked into your post on Feathers and Photos.

It's the same as if you're hosting the images elsewhere then linking to them. It warns you that this will occur the first time you try to use this feature.

Image Reposts
    Yes, with details

Yeah, I don't read warnings
    Worldwide: ~900 Australia: 396 Birds on my block*: 113
    Latest: South Island Pied Oystercatcher *Including sites within 2min walk from my house
    Geopolitics, Cartography & Biodiversity - Latest post: Let's hear it for the Jangmadangs!

Image Reposts
    Yes, with details
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Nathan Ruser
    Edit: So far the only faults I've found is that you have to log back in each time you exit the app (and there's no way to save a password or anything), if you go into 'Favorites' or subscribed topics, there's no way to back-track out, you have to exit the app and find the forum again, and that if you zoom into a picture, you have to zoom all the way back out to exit the picture... But other then that it's great!!! And none of them are your fault!
    Once you've signed into a forum, go to the main screen of Tapatalk, there's 4 icons across the bottom of the screen. Choosing the Accounts icon will display a list of forums you've signed into previously. Simply click on Feathers and Photos there to sign back in without re-entering your username and password.

If find that if I click on a thumbnail I view the image fullscreen. Once viewing an image fullscreen you can tap the screen to show or hide the navigation breadrumbs to return to the thread.

Image Reposts
    Yes, with details

I started using Tapatalk in the last few days & have found it a bit of a challenge to get used to the different format compared to web browsing. That said, almost all my surfing is done on my iPhone lately.

Just 10 minuets ago I realized that you can click on an image to enlarge it... They all look awesome!

Time to start commenting a bit more methinks!

Cheers,
    Cameron (the lurker)
    Cheers

Cameron

Image Reposts
    Yes, with details
    Blog Entries

We've added Tapatalk support to the new forum software and it now features iPad support/optimisation. If you've already purchased the software for you iDevice I believe the Tapatalk upgrade is free. If you've tried it out on an iPad, drop us a line and let us know about it!