Thread: Trialling PS Elements 9

Image Reposts
    Please ask

Default Trialling PS Elements 9

Hi, after getting advice on here I decided to have a look at trialling Elements 9, so I started my trial today and have 30 days to decide whether I am going to use it or not. feeling totally overwhelmed by it right now and cannot decide where to start. Any suggestions on how to proceed so that i don't give it all up as too much info?
    Birding is better than therapy!

Image Reposts
    Yes, with details

Default Re: Trialling PS Elements 9

Online Tutorials are always a good start. They can tell you nearly everything!

http://www.alibony.com/graphics/061408designtips.html

That looks like a good starter I found in a few sec
    Worldwide: ~900 Australia: 396 Birds on my block*: 113
    Latest: South Island Pied Oystercatcher *Including sites within 2min walk from my house
    Geopolitics, Cartography & Biodiversity - Latest post: Let's hear it for the Jangmadangs!

Image Reposts
    Yes, with details

My advice, bring up an image and just start having a go at all the different features. Using history, you should always be able to take a step backwards if something goes astray. I've pretty much worked things out by fiddling with different image adjustments and filters etc and for the beginner I would suggest you do your research on the net (and on here if you like, ask any questions you want and you should get the answers you are looking for) about specific things you would like to know. Good luck, I know it seems daunting at first.

P.S. Make sure you do things lightly to start with when trying out the tools etc. Set your strengths/flow to 50% on the tool you are using and this will make sure you don't overcook things

Image Reposts
    Yes, with details

Default Trialling PS Elements 9

Often with the dodge and burn tools it has to go down to 2% for it to be subtle enough!!
    Worldwide: ~900 Australia: 396 Birds on my block*: 113
    Latest: South Island Pied Oystercatcher *Including sites within 2min walk from my house
    Geopolitics, Cartography & Biodiversity - Latest post: Let's hear it for the Jangmadangs!

Image Reposts
    Yes, with details

I got PSE 9 not that long ago and found it overwhelming at first as well. I still only know a few basic things now and get the feeling that I will be finding easier ways to do things and uncovering new tools etc. for a long time.
    Although it's been difficult to come to grips with and I've only learnt some basics the differences these can make to your images is astounding!
    I think it's very worthwhile persisting. Reading through some of the forums under technical help can proove quite useful too.