Thread: Colours in image are not quite correct

Image Reposts
    Yes, with details

Default Colours in image are not quite correct

There is something not quite right about the colour in this image, but for the life of me I can't put my finger on it. If anyone wants to have a go at fixing this feel free to do so.

Image Reposts
    Yes, with details

Default Re: Colours in image are not quite correct

Maybe this is what you want? Nice shot by the way
    [attachment=0:110rnpqs]Pacific%20Golden%20Plover%20IMG_9235.jpg[/attachment:110rnpqs]
    Life List: 1438 (Black-backed Bittern)
    Aus List: 565 (Ditto)
    Our shared Blog - http://fortheloveof-birds.blogspot.com.au/ (Max and I)

Image Reposts
    Yes, with details

I adjusted the colours in the midtones, I pulled the yellows down to -8 and put the red up to 4. In Hue/saturation, I pulled the saturation and hue both down to -2. Dunno if there's too much difference or if it's what you're after. I think there's just too much blue in the image perhaps?
    Reposts welcome =)

Blog- Close Encounters of the Bird Kind. Updated 28/05/2014 "Courting Cuckoos"

Image Reposts
    Yes, with details

To my eyes, the bird appears a little paler than usual. So I boosted the contrast and saturation, and burned around the highlights on the face. I might have over done it...

[attachment=0:5yjzadaf]BOz PGP.jpg[/attachment:5yjzadaf]
    Ashwin
    Familiarity breeds contempt; don't neglect the common birds
    --\\
    ---\\_(j*)>.........Aus Life List: 534 (Northern Royal Albatross - 6/9/14)
    ----\___)................NSW List: 428 (Northern Royal Albatross - 6/9/14)
    ------\ \..............o..2014 List: 348 (Southern Giant Petrel - 6/9/14)

Image Reposts
    Yes, with details

Original image looks pretty much spot on to me Mark. I think you could desat the magentas a little in PS and that might help a little. Was there a some pink in the sky (sunset/sunrise) when you took the image?

Image Reposts
    Yes, with details

Thanks everyone for having a go at it. There is no right/wrong way to do things, just difference interpretations sometimes.

Paul, I removed a lot of yellow out of the image originally as the entire image looked very yellowy/golden. but that's made the image look very pastelly. And as you can see the Neptune's Necklace looks green rather than yellow. I think one goes to the bin.

Josh, what did you do to your version?

Image Reposts
    Yes, with details

Noooo, don't bin it!! I love it Mark, I have the same trouble sometimes with some images (the Brown Treecreeper from a couple of weeks back was one of them) where no matter what you try you just can't get the colour that you are after. Keep it for sure, there will be a day when you find the solution (well thats what I'm hoping with my Treecreeper shot ).
    I would try doing a repost but from memory I think you and I have differing tastes for colours.

Image Reposts
    Yes, with details

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Randall
    Noooo, don't bin it!! I love it Mark, I have the same trouble sometimes with some images (the Brown Treecreeper from a couple of weeks back was one of them) where no matter what you try you just can't get the colour that you are after. Keep it for sure, there will be a day when you find the solution (well thats what I'm hoping with my Treecreeper shot ).
    I would try doing a repost but from memory I think you and I have differing tastes for colours.
    No, you and I have differing tastes on amount of canvas above and below the subject! Your different idea is what I as hoping to solicite, so feel free to post what you feel would be an improvement.

Image Reposts
    Yes, with details

Too true, sorry for being such a broken record. I do have a fair few photographic afflictions don't I Saturation addiction has plagued my life since I was a young child watching the "Banana Splits" and "Fraggle Rock" :cry: My over indulgence in hefty OOF foregrounds is also getting out of control as you pointed out.....Help
    I won't repost now (just saw the clock bedtime for me) , my eyes are shot, I'll give it a shot tomorrow but I have the feeling its going to be a fiddly one. Should I work on Josh's one? I think he's got it pretty close to what I would do.

Image Reposts
    Yes, with details

In my version I just boosted the yellows... using picture manager...
    Life List: 1438 (Black-backed Bittern)
    Aus List: 565 (Ditto)
    Our shared Blog - http://fortheloveof-birds.blogspot.com.au/ (Max and I)

Image Reposts
    No, don't edit

Interesting, just looked at the original and too much magenta was my first impression. Glad Paul saw that and mentioned it as well.