Thread: IOTW Winners

Image Reposts
    Yes, with details

Default IOTW Winners

Perhaps it is time to retire this forum?
    Adam Blyth Photography on Facebook
    Now on flickr
    Canon 1D X | Canon EOS 7D II | EF 16-35mm f2.8L II USM | EF 300mm f2.8L IS USM | EF 500mm f4L II IS USM | EF Extender 1.4x III | EF Extender 2x III | 600EX II-RT | Gitzo 3532LS | M-3.6 Mongoose Gimbal

Image Reposts
    Yes, with details
    Blog Entries

Default Re: IOTH Winners

Not just yet it isn't. We're looking at a possible return of IOTW sometime in the near future.

On a personal note, I think it'd be disrespectful to past winners if their winning entries were simply discarded and removed from the site.

edit: I'm aware of the most recent photos missing from the posts in the IOTW forum, I've already mentioned it with the other moderators and I'll be endeavouring to get them back up ASAP.

Image Reposts
    Yes, with details

Yep, IOTW will return. We might trial a new system of voting/nominating in the next few weeks

Image Reposts
    Yes, with details

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Randall
    Yep, IOTW will return. We might trial a new system of voting/nominating in the next few weeks
    edit: Hooray!!!

Was it at this forum that had a user nominate option? Is that seen as an option this time?

What criteria will be used for picking the IOTW this time round? I thought in times past the judging was inconsistent and ambigous as to why one image was selected over another. I think some sort of explanation why each image is chosen should be added. eg: this image was chosen because even though it's not technically strong, it has a great composition; or this image was chosen for it's strong technical aspects etc etc.