Thread: Forum Access

Image Reposts
    Yes, with details

Default Forum Access

The administrators have decided to open up access to the "Locations and Sightings", "Trip Reports and Essays", and "Techniques and Education" forums to guests. It is hoped that by doing this the casual viewer will be made aware of the excellent resources available and will therefore be more likely to join and participate. The "Meet and Greet" forum will remain open to members only.

Image Reposts
    Yes, with details

Default Re: Forum Access

A sensible decision.
    Adam Blyth Photography on Facebook
    Now on flickr
    Canon 1D X | Canon EOS 7D II | EF 16-35mm f2.8L II USM | EF 300mm f2.8L IS USM | EF 500mm f4L II IS USM | EF Extender 1.4x III | EF Extender 2x III | 600EX II-RT | Gitzo 3532LS | M-3.6 Mongoose Gimbal

Image Reposts
    Yes, with details

I personally think that there should be a forum for sightings that only members can view where we can report sightings to the Trusted site members, rather then publishing them to any-one...
    Worldwide: ~900 Australia: 396 Birds on my block*: 113
    Latest: South Island Pied Oystercatcher *Including sites within 2min walk from my house
    Geopolitics, Cartography & Biodiversity - Latest post: Let's hear it for the Jangmadangs!

Image Reposts
    Yes, with details

The reality is that we cannot really know all the details of our members. I would suggest that if you have seen a particularly sensitive bird that you do not give a specific location. If a member wants to know more details they can then PM you, thereby giving you the opportunity to check out how genuine they are.

Image Reposts
    Yes, with details

maybe a password protected forum, and you can give the password to trusted members of the site? xD
    Latest: South Island Pied Oystercatcher *Including sites within 2min walk from my house
    Geopolitics, Cartography & Biodiversity - Latest post: Let's hear it for the Jangmadangs!

Image Reposts
    Please ask

Don't forget Nathan that Birding-Aus for example is an open publicly viewable forum. ALso Its very easy for anyone to join Feathers and Photos if they wanted to. Plus who gets to judge who the trusted members are?
    Cheers, Dave

www.davidstowe.com.au WORKSHOPS - Lord Howe Island - 29th November - 6th December 2017.

Aus Life List IOC= 680 - Lord Howe Woodhen
    "So God created every winged bird according to its kind. And God saw that it was good." Genesis 1:21

Image Reposts
    Yes, with details

That would be the difficult part xD