Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: We're back!!!!

Image Reposts
    Please ask

Default We're back!!!!

Welcome back to everyone!!
    Sorry for the site being down for the last few days. There were some issues with domain name renewal, plus poor Craig just not having the time.
    So Craig has generously passed the site over to the moderators who are excited about moving forward and continuing this great community.
    As you will notice from the new web address the name of the site/forum has changed to Feathers and Photos.
    We will be updating the logo etc as soon as we are able but for now the important thing was to get the site back up and running as quickly as possible.

We would like to thank Craig for all his hard work over the years keeping this site running and dealing with all the behind the scenes technical stuff that us mere mortals don't understand! His vision in creating the site in the first place has been amazing and i for one am forever grateful for having such a place where i have learnt so much and also met so many great people who i class as great friends.
    Thanks Craig!

So lets get back into making this community of birders and photographers stronger than ever and having a great time sharing and learning together.
    Welcome back.
    Cheers, Dave

www.davidstowe.com.au WORKSHOPS

Aus Life List IOC= 688 - Carpentarian Grasswren
    "So God created every winged bird according to its kind. And God saw that it was good." Genesis 1:21

Image Reposts
    Yes, with details

Default Re: We're back!!!!

Hear hear! I think most of us wouldn't have a clue how to deal with the technical part of running a website but its great that there is someone that has done the necessary behind the scenes work to keep a great website like this going. Hopefully this new one works for a long time to come!
    Tobias Hayashi
    Canberra, Australia
    www.flickr.com/photos/callocephalon

Image Reposts
    Yes, with details

Hooray!!! :P

Thanks Craig and everyone for keeping this site going. Looking forward to what changes you guys make.

Image Reposts
    Please ask

A quick tip - please REFRESH your browser so that it displays the new logo.
    Cheers, Dave

www.davidstowe.com.au WORKSHOPS

Aus Life List IOC= 688 - Carpentarian Grasswren
    "So God created every winged bird according to its kind. And God saw that it was good." Genesis 1:21

Image Reposts
    Yes, with details

If you need any help with the behind-the-scenes stuff, I can offer my assistance as required, I know a thing or two about websites and forums

Image Reposts
    Yes, with details

Well done David and all the mods who have kept the site going. It would have been a shame to lose such a welcoming and valuable forum. Bravo to Gerard who appears to have put up his hand for the role of Site Admin.
    Cheers,

George

Life List : 481 (Southern Cassowary, Etty Bay, QLD, Oct., 2016)

Image Reposts
    Yes, with details

Quote Originally Posted by GeorgeP
    Well done David and all the mods who have kept the site going. It would have been a shame to lose such a welcoming and valuable forum. Bravo to Gerard who appears to have put up his hand for the role of Site Admin.
    Thanks for the encouragement. Its true George, that I'm helping out as a site administrator, however I'm not alone as all the current moderators are now admins while we sort through the transition.

Image Reposts
    Yes, with details

Fantastic work guys, getting the forum back up and running is great news, and hopefully the site will continue as it has, a very friendly place for birders and photographers to share photos and experiences

Bravo!

Ashwin
    Familiarity breeds contempt; don't neglect the common birds
    --\\
    ---\\_(j*)>.........Aus Life List: 534 (Northern Royal Albatross - 6/9/14)
    ----\___)................NSW List: 428 (Northern Royal Albatross - 6/9/14)
    ------\ \..............o..2014 List: 348 (Southern Giant Petrel - 6/9/14)

Image Reposts
    Yes, with details

Woo!! But, only the list of tabs it still displays it as BirdingOz Fourms...
    Worldwide: ~900 Australia: 396 Birds on my block*: 113
    Latest: South Island Pied Oystercatcher *Including sites within 2min walk from my house
    Geopolitics, Cartography & Biodiversity - Latest post: Let's hear it for the Jangmadangs!

Image Reposts
    Yes, with details

Thanks to everyone working behind the scenes to get the site running again! You're doing amazing work!!---I find it a chalange to run my iphone properly!
    Aus list 632 (Powerful Owl, Callala Bay, NSW, 01-05-2014, finally thanks Matt!)
    Year list 159 (Powerful Owl, Callala Bay, NSW, 01-05-2014)

Image Reposts
    Yes, with details

A new look and a bit of a fresh start is what the forum needed I think. Hopefully we will have some new ideas and new features to keep everyone interested and active.

Image Reposts
    Yes, with details

Quote Originally Posted by wingsonwire
    A new look and a bit of a fresh start is what the forum needed I think. Hopefully we will have some new ideas and new features to keep everyone interested and active.
    How about the creation of a shorebird sub-forum call Stintopia?

Image Reposts
    Yes, with details

Duly noted Mark, I'm surprised you didn't call your new arrival something shorebird associated...like Wade.

Image Reposts
    Yes, with details

Quote Originally Posted by wingsonwire
    Duly noted Mark, I'm surprised you didn't call your new arrival something shorebird associated...like Wade.
    I did push for Charadia for a boy or Calidris if it was going to be a girl. I never thought of Wade though!

Image Reposts
    Yes, with details

Now, now... Just because I'm not the most active member there's no need to sneak off on me!

Glad to find things are back up.
    Cheers

Cameron