Thread: shooting from the car.

Image Reposts
    Please ask

Default shooting from the car.

What is your technique depends on the type of car i guess finding my forester a pain to shoot from the drivers seat across to the passenger window :roll: hanbrake, consol = uncomfortable which is not good because figiting around means camera movement going to try the back bench but the bloody windows don't come all the way down in the back do you balance your gear wholly on the beanbag...... or do you use some support for the rear of the camera been using my camera bag stood upright on the seat to take the weight when i'm not holding it this works ok but is not ideal.
    just a begginer here with the car hide so any tips to further improve my technique would be appreciated. cheers

Image Reposts
    Yes, with details

Default Re: shooting from the car.

I hear what your saying. I have a forester too, great cars but i have never been able to come up with a comfortable stable setup when shooting from the car.
    Cheers,
    Geoff

reposts welcome

Image Reposts
    Please ask

Quote Originally Posted by GeoffG
    I hear what your saying. I have a forester too, great cars but i have never been able to come up with a comfortable stable setup when shooting from the car.

maybe should have got the XTL instead of the XT but ummm leather trim and sunroof not on the shopping list :roll: thought about dropping the seats set up the tripod on low if it fits shooting straight out the back, going to be limited shooting up because of the tailgate
    or
    buy an old ute and bolt the wimberley to the roof.....

Image Reposts
    Please ask

Hi Mike I use a BLUBB, and have to raise the window a bit to suit my height in my current car (Hyundi Santa Fe). Prior to that I had an Outback and could just rest it on the window sill. I only shoot from the drivers side or if my wife is driving the passengers side. Miss some ops. but I can live with that.

When shooting from the bonnet or off the roof I use a homemade bag, just a square of denim filled with rice, very heavy but super stable and you can mould it to fit the lens and camera.

If I see a bird beside the road when driving I will keep going do a u-turn and come back so I am on the right side. I have been playing around with my Tripod in the car, still trying to get the best setup. May not work real well though.

Image Reposts
    Please ask

thanks for the reply ian yes the Big Lens Ultimate Bean Bag checked it out at arthur morris, looks a bit larger than mine which is a skimmer sack from naturescapes, filled mine with beanbag fill polystyrene balls which are nice and light but a tad noisy also if you want to use the flash it becomes difficult, you can set up with some flash arms but it really needs to be outside the window. mike

Image Reposts
    Please ask

If I'm shooting from the car I use a car window mount, I have the Groowin Pod:

http://www.rue.com/index.php?main_pa...&products_id=6

Works quite well and it can be setup hanging outside the window or inside, I mnaged to use it with a Corolla many years back. They seem to have gone up a bit since I bought mine.
    Chris Ross
    Helensburgh NSW
    www.aus-natural.com
    Instagram: @ausnaturalimages