Thread: Metz Flashes

Image Reposts
    Yes, with details

Default Metz Flashes

Hi All,

I am thinking of getting a Metz Mecablitz 48 AF-1 flash for my Sony A200. Can anyone provide feedback on Metz flash's in general. I know that they are good, but have never had one before. The price in Aus is around $320, or I can purchase from B&H for $224 US plus around $60 US for shippping. The Sony version is around $550.

Thanks in advance.

Regards, Andrew

Image Reposts
    Please ask

Default Re: Metz Flashes

I've only had an old manual hammerhead version of the Metz flashes, they had a great reputation for reliability. I'd check if all the functionality you want is also available on the Metz such as how easy it is to set flash fill ratios, is high speed sync available, second curtain sync etc. Being able to change fill ratios quickly is important for me as is the availability of high speed sync, so you can use flash at faster speeds than the max sync speed if desired. Some cameras may switch off flash at high shutter speed unless they are talking to a dedicated flash.

Also decide if a $40 saving is worth the hassle of not having local warranty coverage. I see digi direct has it for $312
    Chris Ross
    Helensburgh NSW
    www.aus-natural.com
    Instagram: @ausnaturalimages