Thread: Generic batteries

Image Reposts
    Yes, with details

Default Generic batteries

Has anybody had experience with generic batteries for a 7D please. Sorry if this has been posted before.

Andy.

Image Reposts
    Yes, with details

Default Re: Generic batteries

I use two generics for my 5D and have not had a problem so far

Image Reposts
    Please ask

did not have trouble until i purchased one for the 1d3 6 months throw it out :x got a genuine replacement, 40d and 1d2n use spare generic and i have not had a problem.

Image Reposts
    Please ask

I think there are generics and generics. I would look around the net on google to see if you can get any good reports for specific replacement batteries, I wouldn't touch unbranded ones from Ebay for Li batteries.

I'm using two Delkin replacements for my 1D MkIIn and they are working well so far, I couldn't seem to find them in Australia so purchased from the NSN store. They are Ni-MH batteries and consist of 12 AA Ni-MH batteries loaded into a carrier with terminal tabs spot welded together, so really are not that hi tech. Lithiums on the other hand can be a bit touchy and batteries need to communicate with the charger so they charge at the right rate and don't over charge.

If you look on the quality camera website he has a Canon item for $90 and an Inca generic replacement for $50. A reasonable saving but not like the $275 genuine Canon vs $~$90 for the replacement from NSN for the 1DMkII batteries and the Delkin I purchased has about a 40% higher mAhr rating.
    Chris Ross
    Helensburgh NSW
    www.aus-natural.com
    Instagram: @ausnaturalimages

Image Reposts
    Yes, with details

Thank you guy's, I have ordered a genuine Canon ( I hope ) from Digital Cam Warehouse Sydney.

Andy.

Image Reposts
    Please ask

I bought one for my Canon as well, but that didn't last at all.... it was rubbish and would therefore recommend buying genuine... They told me when I purchased it that the batteries inside were identical to the original, but not so... buy genuine I think...
    Barry Johnston
    EOS 1D MkIV | 5D MkII | EF16-35L | EF24-70L | EF70-200 f/2.8L |EF85 f/1.2L |
    EF100 f/2.8L | EF135 f/2L | EF300 f/2.8L | EF400 f/2.8L | MP65 f/2.8 |