Thread: Video sub-forum

Image Reposts
    Yes, with details

Default Video sub-forum

Would it be worthwhile creating a video sub-forum purely to display birding videos? I've taken some video footage and would like to share it, but it doesn't really fit into the photography forum at all.

Image Reposts
    Please ask

Default Re: Video sub-forum

Great idea Mark however i don't think we have the hosting space or bandwith to make it worthwhile. Craig would know better of course.
    I've been thinking along similar lines myself as i've started to do a bit more video.
    Cheers, Dave

www.davidstowe.com.au WORKSHOPS

Aus Life List IOC= 688 - Carpentarian Grasswren
    "So God created every winged bird according to its kind. And God saw that it was good." Genesis 1:21

Image Reposts
    Yes, with details

Quote Originally Posted by David Stowe
    Great idea Mark however i don't think we have the hosting space or bandwith to make it worthwhile. Craig would know better of course.
    I've been thinking along similar lines myself as i've started to do a bit more video.
    I wasn't thinking of uploading videos here but rather uplinking from youtube or some other external site. I'mnot sure if this forum supports youtube links, but it would be good to have that feature as you can stream it here from youtube.

Image Reposts
    Yes, with details

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Young
    I wasn't thinking of uploading videos here but rather uplinking from youtube or some other external site. I'mnot sure if this forum supports youtube links, but it would be good to have that feature as you can stream it here from youtube.
    I think that would be an excellent addition.

Image Reposts
    Yes, with details

That is a great idea Mark. I am hoping to shoot some the mating display of Blue-billed Duck's at the end of this year, so if this idea goes ahead it will be great to share that, plus see other footage of birds.
    "The moment a little boy is concerned with which is a jay and which is a sparrow, he can no longer see the birds or hear them sing." Eric Berne

Australian Life List: 156 (Brown-headed Honeyeater) | Wordpress | Flickr

Image Reposts
    Please ask

Watch this space guys.....the wheels are turning
    Cheers, Dave

www.davidstowe.com.au WORKSHOPS

Aus Life List IOC= 688 - Carpentarian Grasswren
    "So God created every winged bird according to its kind. And God saw that it was good." Genesis 1:21

Image Reposts
    Yes, with details

And now they have completed a rotation, with the Video Sub-forum being released! Another place to upload your videos to (shameless plug I know) is http://ibc.lynxeds.com/ , it is a website with nearly 45,000 videos and 30,000 pictures, and with material for over 8,300 species!! They are, I find, a great place to find information about birds!
    Worldwide: ~900 Australia: 396 Birds on my block*: 113
    Latest: South Island Pied Oystercatcher *Including sites within 2min walk from my house
    Geopolitics, Cartography & Biodiversity - Latest post: Let's hear it for the Jangmadangs!