Thread: Cass Creek Big Horn Results.

Default Cass Creek Big Horn Results.

If you've read my other posts regarding Gerards suggestion that the Cass Creek Big Horn was a good bit of kit then you may also of realised I just bought one from the USA.

Seems like a well made unit and the quality of sound is surprisingly very good and I had a chance to experiment with it last Wednesday. I was on gate duty for 6 hours while a team of pro shooters conducted a feral goat/deer shoot in the Onkaparinga Gorge CP. Basically I was one of the gate persons required to control public access to the park while guns were being used in the cull.

A boring duty that I couldn't leave to say the least, so I thought I'd take advantage of the trying out the Big Horn just to see what I could attract to my position on gate #15. It worked a treat and even rattled off a couple of images of the birds as well.....I used on and off for a 6 hour period by simply hanging it in a tree about 50 feet away.

In the time period it brought in quite a few varieties just by leaving it in one position and varying the playback calls....and this was mostly middle of the day time periods.

family of magpies
    currawongs
    cresent honeyeater
    striated thornbills
    grey fantail
    golden whistler M&F
    silvereyes
    2 x families of Superb wrens
    eastern spinebill
    white-plumed honeyeaters

So good value for money ....I think so
    Repost at will......Cheers from Colin

Image Reposts
    Yes, with details

Default Re: Cass Creek Big Horn Results.

Excellent Colin. Though I think a comparison with your old speaker setup would be an interesting exercise.
    Cheers,
    Geoff

reposts welcome

Default Re: Cass Creek Big Horn Results.

Quote Originally Posted by GeoffG
    Excellent Colin. Though I think a comparison with your old speaker setup would be an interesting exercise.

True, but I think my old speaker set up did work, but only if the birds were in the immediate vicinity as it was not very loud ....the big horn set up seemed to bring them from quite a distance away particularly the Magpies that could be seen several hundred metres away and honed in directly in the the big horn unit.
    Repost at will......Cheers from Colin