Thread: Photoshopping techniques

Northern Beaches, NSW, Australia, The Awesome World :D

Default Photoshopping techniques

Hi everyone, I'm just getting into the whole photography business and I was wondering if there were any techniques in photoshopping bird pics that would improve colour? Also, wondering what is a good way of composing a picture.

Thanks,

Henry
    All reposts and critique welcome

OMG Crakes actually exist!!!!!

Henry Coleman

Image Reposts
    Yes, with details

Default Re: Photoshopping techniques

There are heaps of Tutorials online to help you. Here's some of the Basic Tutorials! http://www.adobe.com/designcenter/ph...ial_index.html
    Worldwide: ~900 Australia: 396 Birds on my block*: 113
    Latest: South Island Pied Oystercatcher *Including sites within 2min walk from my house
    Geopolitics, Cartography & Biodiversity - Latest post: Let's hear it for the Jangmadangs!

3. Default Re: Photoshopping techniques

CTRL+U gives you the saturation dialog box, and also you can go to IMAGE>ADJUST>SELECTIVE COLOR where you can do some more tweaks... Very easy once you get the hang of it. Or IMAGE>ADJUST>COLOR BALANCE if the colors are off. Though that can be fixed during RAW conversion via the white balance adjustment slider

Image Reposts
    Yes, with details

Hi Henry,

Its a pretty broad subject so I would suggest you do your research on the net for certain techniques or even better go to your local library (they usually have photoshop books in the computer program section). The best thing to do I think is just experiment with photoshop, as long as you dont save the resulting image you can try all sorts of stuff (and you can't break it either). 8-)
    In regards to composition, there are many schools of thought on techniques but it is a very personal and subjective thing. You can always just post your original, full frame image on here and see what other people would do with it.

Image Reposts
    Please ask

The best step to start with is to do your adjustments on layers. Layer --> New adjustment layer --> levels, curves etc. Preserves the underlying image so it is easy to go back and start from scratch if you want to.
    Chris Ross
    Helensburgh NSW
    www.aus-natural.com
    Instagram: @ausnaturalimages