Thread: Nikon Monarch Binoculars

Image Reposts
    Please ask

Default Nikon Monarch Binoculars

Hi all, not really sure if this is the right forum, but it matched best to be sure. With the dollar so strong at the moment I am looking at a pair of Nikon Monarch binoculars from the US. Has anyone had any experience with the 8x42 or 8.5x56 models? I would love to have a look through but nobody near me stocks them.

At the moment I am leaning toward the 8.5x56 just for the enormous objective lens/light factor. Any opinions on binoculars?

Of the binoculars I have actually managed to get my hands on I actually found the Gerber Avian 8x32 binoculars the brightest and clearest. I am worried about buying before getting a hands on, particularly after my utter disappointment with some of the high-end Swarovski binoculars, but I guess that's how it is these days.

Image Reposts
    Please ask

Default Re: Nikon Monarch Binoculars

I strongly recommend trying binoculars, which means you need a shop that stocks them and will let you try different pairs to find what you like. If you want to use that service then buy from overseas....................Being Nikon just be aware that they won't honour the warranty in Australia and may not service them even if you were paying.

If you're looking for a stockist you could try Bintel in Sydney or Melbourne. They offer a further discount for Birds Australia members I believe.
    Chris Ross
    Helensburgh NSW
    www.aus-natural.com
    Instagram: @ausnaturalimages

Image Reposts
    Please ask

At the moment I'm looking at $300 versus $630 for the cheapest pair here. I could but two pairs before it becomes worth it to buy from Oz!

As I live in Cairns where there is only one decent optics store who don't stock Nikon, having a hands on is just not possible short of flying to Brisbane. Have you heard of negative experiences with the Monarchs?

Image Reposts
    Yes, with details

I recently rung Nikon Australia and asked them if there was any truth to the view that they would not service Nikon goods not channeled through Nikon Australia. I told them I had some goods bought grey market which needed servicing. I was told they had no issue with servicing such gear - its all money in the end.

They did take the opportunity to express their view on the grey market and point out some unrelated issues with buying grey market.

Arron
    www.patonga.me : botany, wildlife, fishing, check it out

Image Reposts
    Please ask

Fair enough; I've looked through them and they were quite good from memory, you could tell they weren't quite up there with the top range binos in sharpness and clarity, not to say they were bad at all though, they're also quite light weight. As far as value for money goes I'd say they are right up there...........but again you really need to look through a pair, what I like, you may not. Maybe you should order something you can try up there or perhaps give Nikon a call to see who stocks them?
    Chris Ross
    Helensburgh NSW
    www.aus-natural.com
    Instagram: @ausnaturalimages