Thread: Canon 200-400mm and 600mm prototype lenses first sightings- looks interesting

Image Reposts
    Yes, with details

Default Canon 200-400mm and 600mm prototype lenses first sightings- looks interesting

check this site out we might see something more in the comming months
    that 200-400 with converter looks cool
    http://blog.apertureacademy.com/2012...prototype.html
    cheers Rick
    Through the lens behold the glory of creation
    So much to see, So little time to behold
    Other captures located here :
    http://www.redbubble.com/people/justrick
    https://www.facebook.com/rick.playle.5

Image Reposts
    Yes, with details

Interesting article Rick. I guess Canon are responding to Nikon's 200-400, but what with the 600? Isn't the Canon 600 already fully optioned? (IS, lightweight etc.) It'd still be an F4.
    With it being an Olympics year there might be some new Big Glass coming up. As a Nikoner, I'd be looking for an 800/5.6 in AF or a 400/5.6 AF lens, though the 800'd probably cost a house.......
    Cheers
    John

Image Reposts
    Yes, with details

They've redesigned the big four (600/500 f4's & 400/300 f2.8's to have pretty significant weight savings & improved Image Stabilisation... and improved wallet lightening ability too!

I'm getting close to mid-life-crisis age... bugger the bike or boat, I'll have one of these!

Cheers,
    Cameron
    Cheers

Cameron

Image Reposts
    Yes, with details

I would love the 200-400 with built in tc, it would be perfect. Not sure how I go about raising the 10k or so required to purchase it though.
    View my latest review of the Canon EF400 5.6L View my trip report to Auckland Islands, NZ
    Follow me on Facebook. Australian List: 350 (Atlantic Yellow-nosed Albatross 26/07/14 Wollongong Pelagic, NSW)

Image Reposts
    Yes, with details

Quote Originally Posted by Duade Paton View Post
    I would love the 200-400 with built in tc, it would be perfect. Not sure how I go about raising the 10k or so required to purchase it though.
    Thats the sobering point the price,would like to see some captures when they hit the shops though
    if really outstanding can be sure people will get tempted
    to sell the farm
    Through the lens behold the glory of creation
    So much to see, So little time to behold
    Other captures located here :
    http://www.redbubble.com/people/justrick
    https://www.facebook.com/rick.playle.5

Image Reposts
    Please ask

Very interesting Rick!
    Cheers, Dave

www.davidstowe.com.au WORKSHOPS

Aus Life List IOC= 684 - Grey Honeyeater
    "So God created every winged bird according to its kind. And God saw that it was good." Genesis 1:21

Image Reposts
    Yes, with details

I would need to rob a bank

Image Reposts
    Yes, with details

Quote Originally Posted by Brian GC View Post
    I would need to rob a bank
    Save some for me. Would be nice to be able to afford such things though... one day
    Reposts welcome =)

Blog- Close Encounters of the Bird Kind. Updated 28/05/2014 "Courting Cuckoos"

Image Reposts
    No, don't edit

Surely anyone can afford these things! It's a matter of light, I mean priority. And some serious brownie points help.

You don't need to be rich!

Some people buy new cars, some people buy boats, some go on holidays and some spend too much money indulging in other things, which may be totally useless. It comes down to how much you all want to get out of photography at the end of the day. Are you primarily a photographer or are you a birder who wants to have a record only. Do you want to get the best image quality possible? If you are more into photography, then you want a good, long lens. Then buy a super tele and get close and don't crop too much to get the best IQ you possibly can. If you're happy to point and shoot and "just make do" then use a shorter lens, get even closer or buy a camera with many megapixels and crop as much as you like. It all comes down to what every single person wants out of their photography. Great images or happy snaps! Mind you, shorter lenses can create just as many wonderful images as the big guns. It all comes down to who is behind it all.

Image Reposts
    Yes, with details

Quote Originally Posted by Ákos Lumnitzer View Post
    Surely anyone can afford these things! It's a matter of light, I mean priority. And some serious brownie points help.

You don't need to be rich!

Some people buy new cars, some people buy boats, some go on holidays and some spend too much money indulging in other things, which may be totally useless. It comes down to how much you all want to get out of photography at the end of the day. Are you primarily a photographer or are you a birder who wants to have a record only. Do you want to get the best image quality possible? If you are more into photography, then you want a good, long lens. Then buy a super tele and get close and don't crop too much to get the best IQ you possibly can. If you're happy to point and shoot and "just make do" then use a shorter lens, get even closer or buy a camera with many megapixels and crop as much as you like. It all comes down to what every single person wants out of their photography. Great images or happy snaps! Mind you, shorter lenses can create just as many wonderful images as the big guns. It all comes down to who is behind it all.
    Oh I know you're right there Akos, and I am actually very good at saving and don't spend money on the big things like cars etc. which is how I came to be able to afford an entry level kit in the first place. Trouble is, I have to save up for an expensive visa process and a move to the u.s Damn life, always getting in the way of a new lens!
    Reposts welcome =)

Blog- Close Encounters of the Bird Kind. Updated 28/05/2014 "Courting Cuckoos"

Image Reposts
    Yes, with details

Rumour is it will be announced very soon for an estimated $11,000 USD. That is a lot of money, can't wait to see some examples out of this bad boy. http://www.canonrumors.com/2012/02/n...es-coming-cr3/
    View my latest review of the Canon EF400 5.6L View my trip report to Auckland Islands, NZ
    Follow me on Facebook. Australian List: 350 (Atlantic Yellow-nosed Albatross 26/07/14 Wollongong Pelagic, NSW)