Thread: Monopod Gymbal belt holder

Image Reposts
    Please ask

Default Monopod Gymbal belt holder

Hope that makes a wee bit of sense??..Read somewhere on some forum?? the idea of using a tactical torch holder on your belt to hold the bottom of your monopod to give rest and stabillity to your camera & Lens for shooting Birds either in flight or higher up than normal & just wanted to know if anyone here has been down that track and tried it and if it is a handy idea??.
    About to convert one of my Rod belts with a gymbla fitting to the said task or just cut a piece of PVC tubing , block the bottom end of it and areldite a piece of something or other at its side for my belt to slide through.
    Not into that tactical or cammo stuff as yet but who knows maybe with time lol i can also??..
    Anyhow , thought "What a ripper of an idea " when i read about it , but thought ide sus it out in the meantime??.
    Cheers and looking forward to hearing replies in this regard..

Image Reposts
    Yes, with details

I have used this technique but didnt have a special belt, just shoved the monopod end just inside my belt and it did give better stability when standing.

Image Reposts
    Yes, with details

Using the same principle I have opened the tripod to just fit over my hips for more stability than simply hand holding.
    Kind regards Trevor.

Image Reposts
    Please ask

Used my gimbal belt that i use for fishing and worked a treat except i have to tighten it a tad further due to my gut save it falling below the threshold level lol..Seriousely though it does the job nicely for those that havent tried it.