Thread: A question about FeatherWiki images.

Image Reposts
    Yes, with details

Default A question about FeatherWiki images.

In the Table of Contents for the Bird guide there are separate group entries for some type of shorebirds, eg: Oystercatchers, Plovers and Lapwings, but not for all types of shorebirds. I wanted to upload some Red-necked Stint, Tattler and Turnstone images, but there is no individual or group entry for those birds.

Can a seperate entry be created for those birds, or do you want me to upload them into the Waders or Shorebirds chapter?

Image Reposts
    Yes, with details
    Blog Entries

All images used in FeatherWiki are uploaded in the same way as you did already with the Stint image you used in the location guide. It doesn't matter where in FeatherWiki you want to use an image, they're all uploaded to the images namespace.

However, if you are wanting to create a species article in the Bird Guide then you click on the group where the species fits in, then create the article in there as a chapter. Please read this HOW TO as it explains creating bird guide articles with screenshots in more detail.

I've created a list of groups and species within those groups HERE to help locate where to place species articles in the appropriate group. So for example, if you want to create an article on the Red-necked Stint, it would go in the Waders or Shorebirds group. Once you have created the article, you would upload your images to the images namespace and then link to them in the article just as you did in the location guide.

Image Reposts
    Yes, with details

Quote Originally Posted by Richard Hall View Post
    All images used in FeatherWiki are uploaded in the same way as you did already with the Stint image you used in the location guide. It doesn't matter where in FeatherWiki you want to use an image, they're all uploaded to the images namespace.

However, if you are wanting to create a species article in the Bird Guide then you click on the group where the species fits in, then create the article in there as a chapter. Please read this HOW TO as it explains creating bird guide articles with screenshots in more detail.

I've created a list of groups and species within those groups HERE to help locate where to place species articles in the appropriate group. So for example, if you want to create an article on the Red-necked Stint, it would go in the Waders or Shorebirds group. Once you have created the article, you would upload your images to the images namespace and then link to them in the article just as you did in the location guide.
    Thanks for clearing that up. Sorry I took so long to reply..