Thread: Genuine looking 7D grips for $68

Tony Hansford Guest

Default Genuine looking 7D grips for $68

If you are in the market for a BG-E7 grip for you 7D then give this mob a try. I bought one for $69 a couple of weeks before I got my 1D and figured if it is a fake then who cares. They sell in Australia for up to $329 so this is worth the experiment of buying one.

It arrived today. It's in a Canon box the same as my genuine BG-E2N came in. It has a Canon instruction manual inside as well as a Canon international warranty card. It includes a Canon BGM-E6 AA battery magazine. I emailed the seller and they replied it is OEM. I can't try it until the weekend because I don't have a 7D but 2 of my friends do.

It could be a fake and it probably is. But they have done a perfect job of it if it is fake.

So if you want to give it a try then this is the link.
    Removed by me.....
    Last edited by Tony Hansford; 27-10-2011 at 01:06 AM.

Image Reposts
    Please ask

That's interesting Tony. I've got a 7D but have never thought of a battery grip (it's heavy enough carrying the gear now!) It would be tempting at that price though if it checked out OK. It seems too cheap though as you say. If it is not fake I'd be having a close look for water damage and run the Geiger counter over it! I'll keep an eye on this thread to see what you think of it.

Tony Hansford Guest

What does water damage look like Peter?

Tony Hansford Guest

There's a 9 page thread on POTN about this and I'm fairly sure these are counterfeit now. So I have removed the link since I don't want to be encouraging people to buy rip off Canon products.
    This page has photos of Genuine vs fake. The one I bought looks like in the second photo in each pair.
    http://photography-on-the.net/forum/...=950611&page=8

Image Reposts
    Please ask

Thanks for removing the link Tony. I totally agree with your reasons and appreciate it.
    Cheers, Dave

www.davidstowe.com.au WORKSHOPS

Aus Life List IOC= 684 - Grey Honeyeater
    "So God created every winged bird according to its kind. And God saw that it was good." Genesis 1:21

Image Reposts
    Please ask

Looks like it's a bit superfluous now but to answer your question above Tony I would have been looking for slight tarnishing on metal bits or residue in nooks and crannies. Just signs that it isn't spanking clean out of the factory. Some slightly radioactive goods (not necessarily camera gear) have turned up around the world too. I can't remember where I read that or perhaps it might have been said to me by a camera retailer (& photographer) who I chatted to at length about problems in supply due to the tsunami and ongoing radioactive contamination and electricity shortages to the factories. I hope your grip does what It's meant to anyway. Some of the third party stuff does ok. I've used third party batteries from Stirlingtek in the US with good results on previous canon cameras to the 7D and I'll be getting a few 7D ones now that the $A dollar has bounced up again. I haven't worried about it much until now because the 7D battery used to last for a weekend's shooting for me if I didn't do too many movies, or use flash or IS too much. But it is losing it's mojo a bit now after almost 2 years of constant use.