Thread: Editing issues in post dialog box

Image Reposts
    Please ask

Default Editing issues in post dialog box

I seem to be having issues editing, that is to say when I type something into the dialog box then whn I want to go back and edit it to fix up the typos, the only way to get the "cursor" (a cursor does not show up) in the right spot is right click where I want to go then then left click in the same spot. Then I can use backspace to delete but not the delete key . this seems to havebeen a problem since the new editor option came out. I'm on Firefox 3, will proabbaly upgrade to 6 in the not too distant future, just waiting for plugins to catch up.Also the spell checker don't work in the new system. Any thoughts?
    Chris Ross
    Helensburgh NSW
    www.aus-natural.com
    Instagram: @ausnaturalimages

Image Reposts
    Yes, with details

Ray asked a similar thing a couple of weeks ago. He couldn't find the cursor, and a few of us suffer the same issue.
    That thread is here:
    http://www.feathersandphotos.com.au/...3-Just-a-Query

I have a cursor at the moment, but haven't the last few posts I've tried to make. Still not sure exactly what the issue is.
    Familiarity breeds contempt; don't neglect the common birds
    --\\
    ---\\_(j*)>.........Aus Life List: 534 (Northern Royal Albatross - 6/9/14)
    ----\___)................NSW List: 428 (Northern Royal Albatross - 6/9/14)
    ------\ \..............o..2014 List: 348 (Southern Giant Petrel - 6/9/14)

Image Reposts
    Please ask

Thanks Ashy, read through and found the instructions to go back to the standard editor and all functionality has returned! Hopefully it'll stay that way! If you're getting on computer savvy people getting issues, maybe it's better to make the standard editor the default option and let people who are savvy decide to upgrade if they see an advantage??
    Chris Ross
    Helensburgh NSW
    www.aus-natural.com

Image Reposts
    Please ask

Also, might be a coincidence but going back to forums, it's suddenly snappy again and topics are loading quite quickly again.
    Chris Ross
    Helensburgh NSW
    www.aus-natural.com

Image Reposts
    Yes, with details

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisRoss View Post
    If you're getting on computer savvy people getting issues, maybe it's better to make the standard editor the default option and let people who are savvy decide to upgrade if they see an advantage??
    I agree with this. I am now using the standard editor and I have much less issues than I previous did.

Image Reposts
    Yes, with details

You have Richard to thank for the increased load times. Should be better by 20-30% from what I understand so well done Rich. Post dialogue problems seem to be browser related so we're looking into fixes for that too.

Image Reposts
    Yes, with details
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisRoss View Post
    If you're getting on computer savvy people getting issues, maybe it's better to make the standard editor the default option and let people who are savvy decide to upgrade if they see an advantage??
    We ran a poll a couple of weeks back that clearly indicated most people preferred the WYSIWYG editor as the default editor for the site. However, I do believe the wording used to describe the two editors is a little deceptive. The WYSIWYG (what you see is what you get) editor is referred to as 'advanced'... in reality it's much easier to use than the standard editor as you see the changes take place in 'real time' (as you do in a word processing application) as opposed to seeing your text with BBcode tags wrapped around everything.

I've had a look at the site with Firefox 3.6.22 and the cursor seems to be there OK? Perhaps you could try logging out from the site and emptying your browser's cache before logging back into the site. It may help rectify any issues you are having. I should add that if you do experience any problems with the WYSIWYG editor it is suggested you return to the standard editor, instructions in THIS THREAD.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Randall View Post
    You have Richard to thank for the increased load times. Should be better by 20-30% from what I understand so well done Rich.
    Oh gawd, I hope I haven't INCREASED load times!!!! The caching of the site is a little more aggressive now, so load times should have decreased as there will be less downloaded to your browser on subsequent visits. There's also been several other changes behind the scenes to increase vB's performance which has shaved off some of the load time. There may still be some problems with pages hanging infrequently, but these are largely out of our control, although we're looking to get them fixed if possible.

Image Reposts
    Please ask

Thanks I'll stick with the BB code editor works fine for me.
    Chris Ross
    Helensburgh NSW
    www.aus-natural.com