Thread: Site speed

Image Reposts
    Yes, with details

Default Site speed

Is anyone else having problems with F & P site being slow to respond? I often have to try several times to open a particular image, and have to log out and on again quite frequently.
    Margaret Leggoe
    Never too old to learn.

Image Reposts
    Yes, with details

Quote Originally Posted by Margaret Leggoe View Post
    Is anyone else having problems with F & P site being slow to respond? I often have to try several times to open a particular image, and have to log out and on again quite frequently.
    Yep, I have to stop and reload just about every page.
    The voices in my head may not be real, but they come up with some great ideas..

Cheers Rev.

Image Reposts
    Yes, with details
    Blog Entries

We've made several changes over the past few days that have seen a decent decrease in page load times across the site. I've been unable to reproduce the problem you're experiencing and I've tested with Safari, Chrome, Firefox and Internet Explorer.

Could you try logging out of the site and clearing your browser's cache before trying to log back in to the site please?

Image Reposts
    No, don't edit

It took me a while to get into this thread. Such a great site, who cares about a few technical problems.
    I was going to put a smiley at the end of that sentence but unfortunately my little faces don't work anymore.
    Cheers Keith

.Our land abounds in Nature's gifts. Of beauty rich and rare.

Life list total (seen by both of us) = 440 Latest addition Tawny Grassbird Ritamada Point QLD.

Image Reposts
    Yes, with details

Thanks for all the work you do Richard!
    I find that everything works very smootly when using Firefox (Internet explorer doesn't work as well...)
    Aus list 632 (Powerful Owl, Callala Bay, NSW, 01-05-2014, finally thanks Matt!)
    Year list 159 (Powerful Owl, Callala Bay, NSW, 01-05-2014)

Image Reposts
    Yes, with details

I've seen an improvement in the page load times in the past week. But every now and again it seems a page will just get stuck trying to load, but it's not as bad as it used to be.
    I use both IE9 and Chrome and IU can't see any difference between the two, so I'm not sure it's a browser based issue.

Image Reposts
    Yes, with details
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Young View Post
    I've seen an improvement in the page load times in the past week. But every now and again it seems a page will just get stuck trying to load, but it's not as bad as it used to be.
    I use both IE9 and Chrome and IU can't see any difference between the two, so I'm not sure it's a browser based issue.
    Thanks for the feedback Mark. We've made many changes to the site's backend and server settings over the past two weeks and it's made some decent improvements in site performance, though there is definitely an issue still from what I've observed. It's not a browser-based issue as I've been able to duplicate it with multiple browsers in testing (IE, FF, Safari, Chrome). Nor is it software-based as I've setup completely clean installs of the forum software and have been able to duplicate the issue.

We've been trying to get this resolved with the host who have suggested they've changed some things their end too, but it's clear it's still occurring to some degree. We will keep on to them to try to find a solution!

Image Reposts
    Yes, with details

Thanks Rich. One thing I forgot to mention was that I also changed the editor to the very basic one. I noticed an improvement from around that time onwards.