Thread: i have some canon info

Image Reposts
    Yes, with details

Default i have some canon info

i bought a new lens last night inside the case was a new aus-nz warranty card no more international warranty on lens
    i met a canon rep who delivered my lens to the store so i could pick it up he told me not to expect the new 500&600 tele lens till maybe around feb-april 2012 don't know if that truth but we will find out

Image Reposts
    Yes, with details

That's not what the website says..

Quote Originally Posted by http://www.canon.com.au/en-au/Support-Services/Warranty/Warranty-Terms
    Canon offers an international warranty on non-digital Canon compact cameras, non-digital Canon SLR camera bodies, Canon lenses for all SLR cameras, Canon Speedlites and Canon photographic accessories only. If travelling overseas, the Customer may receive warranty service for those Products on these terms from members of the Canon Camera International Service Network. A list of those members is enclosed with the Product. The Customer must present this warranty card and the original proof of purchase to receive warranty service.
    That is how I interpret the above.

Image Reposts
    Please ask

G'day All,

Unfortunately, things have changed as of 01/09/11. From now on, there is no international warranty on lenses anymore. You can still get service from canon, but it is seen as a non-warranty repair.

Regards,

Rob

Image Reposts
    Please ask

Well that tells me that to many Austarlian retailers have had a big whinge due to loss of buisness from overseas sellers probably could be one of the reasons anyway I feel.

Image Reposts
    Yes, with details

Quote Originally Posted by Grumpy View Post
    Unfortunately, things have changed as of 01/09/11. From now on, there is no international warranty on lenses anymore. You can still get service from canon, but it is seen as a non-warranty repair.
    It would have to be for any new lens purchased after 1/9/11, they couldn't change the International Warranty on purchases made before this date.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Toms View Post
    Well that tells me that to many Austarlian retailers have had a big whinge due to loss of buisness from overseas sellers probably
    That's exactly the reasoning, the high Aussie dollar is hurting Canon Australia and Aussie retailers, I have no doub these parties have been lobbying hard for this change. What rubbish.