• 2013***Image of the Week 20/01/2013-Winner**Shelley Pearson**

Congratulations to Shelley this week's winner with her image of a Great Crested Grebe family. Well done Shelley.

What a beauty
    Everything about this pick said...pick me, i'm the winner for IOTW....love the relaxed/ kickin back in the featherbed look ...
    One of the best images I've seen on this site.
    For me this captures a great parenting moment and shows how relaxed birds can be. The image is one of the best I have seen.
    Unbelievable!!
    A truly amazing moment captured
    Shelley, this is a joy! All three birds show us something about a Grebe family - attentive mum, chick taking a ride, and the other chick waiting his/her turn. A wonderful story, expertly photographed.
    Other images nominated were:

Masked Finch - Trevor Harders
    Tattler Gathering - David Taylor
    Curious Crake - Chris Steeles
    Eastern Grass-owl - Richard Jackson
    Grey Shrike-thrush - Duade Paton
    Banded Stilt - Karl Seddon
    This article was originally published in forum thread: 2013***Image of the Week 20/01/2013-Winner**Shelley Pearson** started by Gerard Satherley View original post
    Comments 6 Comments
      Gerard Satherley -
      This is so good Shelley. Such a great moment captured, you can't help but smile.
      Michele Sawyer -
      Shelley, I have looked at your image many many times, and it always makes me smile. That surely is a sign of a very special shot, Congratulations! Michele
      Shelley Pearson -
      Thank you - the chick looks such a character to me in this shot. Birds are so interesting to observe.
      Owen Lishmund -
      Unreal Shelley!
      Gillian Rayment -
      Absolutely stunning.
      Tom Chat -
      Wow!! Incredible!!