• 2012***Image of the Week 23/09/2012-Winner**Duade Paton**

Splendid Fairy-wren (Malurus splendens) by Duade Paton is this week's winner. Superb image of a beautiful bird. Congrats Duade.
    Six images received votes this week. Well done to all concerned.

Spectacular and technically perfect image that does complete justice to a most beautiful bird
    Wonderful bird. Nicely captured
    Other nominated image were;

Little Egret - Misty Morning - Chris Martinez
    Bell Miners - Trevor M
    Eastern Yellow Robin - Duade Paton
    Variegated Fairywren - Charleybird
    Yellow-tufted Honyeater - Duade Paton
    This article was originally published in forum thread: 2012***Image of the Week 23/09/2012-Winner**Duade Paton** started by Gerard Satherley View original post
    Comments 6 Comments
      Kirri Hardy -
      Could it get any better...that is simply stunning...love those um...what do you call them...cheek patches that are extending outwards in display to a female perhaps?? Perfect Duade...love your work, and well done on winning image of the week
      Richard Hall -
      Congrats Duade. It's a lovely image.
      Matthew Jones -
      Well done Duade, an absolute cracker!
      Duade Paton -
      Thank you all I appreciate it.
      Adam Blyth -
      He is a beauty!
      Margaret Leggoe -
      This is a belated comment, Duade, but I have just noticed you caught this fellow with his blue collar and crest erect. I once caught this "pose" whilst watching a courtship display of superb fairy wrens, and later found out that this is typical of a male who is trying to woo a female from a neighbouring family group for a quick naughty before she returns to where she belongs. Oh, and fabulous shot too!