• 2012 *** Image of the Week 20/8/2012-Winner** Trevor Murray**

Congrats to Trevor Murray with his grooming White-faced Heron (Ardea novaehollandiae) selected as this weeks winner.

unusual photo. it's a great pose.
    Terrific pose captured, adds lots of interest. The feather detail is wonderful.
    Gorgeous, very cute, unusual pose
    This week's voting was extremely close with nine images receiving nominations and five images tying with two votes each. As I could not split them I asked my wife to cast the deciding vote. Other nominated images were.

Bush Stone-curlew ~ Rob Drummond (2 votes)
    Spotted Pardalote ~ Trevor Murray (2 votes)
    Swan Studio ~ Dave Stowe (2 votes)
    Red-capped Robin ~ Duade Paton (2 votes)

Osprey ~ Shelly Pearson
    Eastern Yellow Robin ~ Greg Oakley
    Magpie Lark ~ Geoff Longford
    Ibis - White on Black ~ Dave Stowe
    This article was originally published in forum thread: 2012 *** Image of the Week 20/8/2012-Winner** Trevor Murray** started by Geoff Gates View original post
    Comments 6 Comments
      Trevor Murray -
      Kind thanks to your wife Geoff and others - again as I wrote somewhere on this post, one of those moments when your watching something for a few seconds through the viewfinder then think 'Oh I should press the shutter'. I'll get this printed onto canvas along with some other local waders for a wall in our lounge room.
      Richard Jackson -
      Well done Trevor. And a very worthy winner too.
      Adam Blyth -
      Definitely well worth a spot on your wall, I'd be thrilled with such an image!
      Duade Paton -
      Well done Trevor awesome shot.
      Richard Hall -
      Congrats Trevor, it's a really stunning image.
      Mary CW -
      What a fasinating shot. The angle is incredible. Stunning clarity. It would look fabulous as a large photo. Contratulations.