• 2012 *** Image of the Week 01/07/2012-Winner** Tony Peterson**

Hands down winner this week is an excellent image of mating Black-shouldered Kites (Elanus axillaris) by Tony Peterson.

Great behaviour, right place at the right time! You can't plan this sort of shot!
    My favourite...just amazing...every detail and those eyes are just incredible
    Excellent pic, both interesting and well taken.
    Wonderful moment captured
    An exceptional behavioural shot, the level of detail is great and the eye contact and expression are top notch.
    Nice and sharp, such an awesome moment to capture. Positions/angle of birds could not be better.
    Other nominations all with one vote were;

Australasian Darter - Rod Warnock
    Hooded Plover - Geoff Gates
    Eastern Yellow Robin - Duade Paton
    Australian Pied Oystercatcher - Paul Randall
    Nankeen Kestrel - Xavier Montaner
    Welcome Swallow - Xavier Montaner
    This article was originally published in forum thread: 2012 *** Image of the Week 01/07/2012-Winner** Tony Peterson** started by Geoff Gates View original post
    Comments 6 Comments
      Richard Hall -
      Congratulations Tony, that's an absolutely stunning capture!
      Duade Paton -
      Well done, really is an amazing shot.
      Heyn de Kock -
      Congratulations, what an amazing moment captured!
      Adam Blyth -
      That is an absolute beauty Tony, congratulations.
      Tony Peterson -
      Thanks all for the comments - I'm really chuffed with this one, and my photo-taking has improved no end thanks to participating in the forum.
      The effort of trying to get good shots worthy of posting on the forum, and all the constructive criticism once posted, really prepared me to capture this opportunity - it wouldn't have happened 3 months ago!
      Cheers,
      Tony
      (Sorry I'm a bit late replying, I forgot that IOTW comments were here on the home page rather than in the forum).
      Rod Warnock -
      Congratulations Tony !! A truly great image and I note your comments on the forums. One thing about photography is that it is populated with such generous people who will help you..from personal experience I too have benefited from other photographers continually from 1950 thru to today. Here it is no different I agree with you comments entirely.
      Best regards
      Rod Warnock