View RSS Feed

Recent Blogs Posts

1. Finke Gorge National Park, Northern Territory

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Hains View Post
    I drove in one afternoon for recon, I knew I had to go back for at least 2 days. I got some great photos. Another view:

Northern Territory 2017 - 3712-Pano.jpg

The rock on the far right hand side is where I took the photo posted first in this thread.
  2. Finke Gorge National Park, Northern Territory

Finke Gorge NP is most famous for Palm Valley within the Park. But for me the views of Finke Gorge were even better than the Cabbage Palms in Palm Valley. This is the view from Kalarranga Lookout, a short easy walk from the car park.

Northern Territory 2017 - 3728-Pano.jpg
  3. Gerbera?

As visitors know I am not that good at identifying flowers. I fairly sure, after my inquiries, this is not a native, but is this a Gerbera or Transvaal Daisy from South Africa?

_J5Q6708.jpg
    Camera Maker: Canon
    Camera Model: Canon EOS-1D X
    Image Date: 2017-07-12 15:47:08 (no TZ)
    Focal Length: 180mm
    Aperture: /16.0
    Exposure Time: 0.050 s (1/20)
    ISO equiv: 1250
    Metering Mode: Matrix
    Exposure: Manual
    Exposure
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. Rainbow Valley - Northern Territory

Rainbow Valley Conservation Reserve is about 70km south of Alice Springs along the Stuart Highway (and another 22km along a dirt track). It looks a bit like a mini but jagged Uluru when photographed from the side (but not from this end view).

Erosion has exposed the coloured rocks and clay. Warmed by the setting sun it looks even more red.

When rain comes, there is a swallow lake reflecting the formation at sunset. I hear that really brings the crowds in. The large campground
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. Policeman's Waterhole, Davenport Ranges, NT

Quite a drive off the Stuart Highway is the Davenport Ranges. This is Policeman's Waterhole, where feral donkeys ruled. Never saw one, but heard several and the donkey dodo was everywhere.

_J5Q4612.jpg
    Categories
    Uncategorized
Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast