View RSS Feed

Recent Blogs Posts

1. Snapping Handbag Billabong, Lorella Springs Station, Savannah Way, NT

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Hains View Post
    Not sure how the billabong go its same, but I like it.

Northern Territory 2017 - 3070.jpg
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. Ormiston Gorge & waterhole, West MacDonnell Ranges, Northern Territory

Ormiston Gorge from a different perspective, up along the river bed looking back towards the waterhole.

DSC4393B.jpg
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. The Calvert River, Savannah Way, Northern Territory

Crossing the Calvert River near Pungalina Station, along the Savannah Way. The small waves are the wake created by the Nissan Patrol crossing the water. This is a view looking south. On my previous visit, further towards the Gulf, I saw many, many crocodiles in the Calvert when on a helicopter flight.

A little further along, at the turnoff to Pungalina Station, I took a rest break. Shortly after restarting I meet a couple who were supporters of the Australian Wildlife Conservancy and
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. Cox River, Limmen National Park, Northern Territory

I am going to post some pictures from the more remote parts of Australia I have visited. This time Limmen National Park, via the Roper Highway, on my way to Lorella Springs Station on the Savannah Way. Lorella Springs Station borders on the Gulf of Carpentaria. The Gulf is one the remotest and unspoilt areas of Australia - a new favourite of mine

I first visited the Gulf as part of an AWC Supporter's event at Pungalina-Seven Emu stations and was keen to get back.

This
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. Kurandi Waterhole, Binns Track, NT

While in the Northern Territory I visited Policemenís Waterhole in the Davenport Ranges. On the drive out I was on the Binns Track travelling through Kurandi Station.

This is a picture of Kurandi Waterhole near the homestead. A little further on where groves of stunning grevilleas.

Northern Territory 2017 - 1627.jpg
    Categories
    Uncategorized
Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast