View RSS Feed

Recent Blogs Posts

1. Policeman's Waterhole, Davenport Ranges, NT

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Hains View Post
    Quite a drive off the Stuart Highway is the Davenport Ranges. This is Policeman's Waterhole, where feral donkeys ruled. Never saw one, but heard several and the donkey dodo was everywhere.

_J5Q4612.jpg
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. Banksia

I need some help identifying this flower. It is about 5-6cm high, taken on the Coast Road behind Lennox Head, Far North Coast of NSW. It was growing in a coastal banksia heath, other plants growing included Banksia ericifolia and Banksia intergrifolia. This flower was smaller and different flower structure to the intergrifolia.

No luck using books and web so far. Thanks.

I named it Banksia helpafoila until I find its real name!

_J5Q6843.jpg
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. Bell Gorge Waterfall, Gibb River Road, The Kimberley

The last photo was taken at the top of the waterfall looking upstream, this one is the waterfall itself. It is obvious why it is a popular swimming hole. I had to wait for the people to move away from the waterfall, they are all off on to the left, out of picture.
    _DSC5305.jpg
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. Bell Gorge, Gibb River Road, The Kimberley

An iconic stop on the Gibb River Road, Bell Gorge. A great place to swim, as there is no salties. This photo is looking upstream from the waterfall.

_J5Q4854_stitch_2.jpg
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. Sir John Gorge, Mornington, Central Kimberley

Sunset at Sir John Gorge. The small size does not do it justice. 4 images stitched.

Kimberley Mornington Pentax 2015 - 0019-Pano.jpg
    Categories
    Uncategorized
Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast